Thursday, February 12, 2009

Victor's Coffee (Redmond)

I was surfing the net the other day and stumbled across a coffee roaster in Redmond. Yes, you read that right: a coffee roaster on the Eastside. I hadn't heard of it, so I had to go check this place out to see it for myself.

Victor's is located in the downtown shopping area of Redmond at 7993 Gilman Street:


View Larger Map

As I walked up to the place, something seemed out of sorts. It didn't look like a standard coffee house. If anything, it resembled an Irish pub. Walking in the front door, it even felt like an Irish pub. It really looks like they took a bar and added an espresso machine and a pastry container and plopped it on a bar. It definitely had that comfy, welcoming atmosphere that you'd expect an Irish pub to have. The only real difference is that the black stuff that they were pouring was coffee not Guinness.



I was pretty caffeinated already, so I ordered a small latte. This is what they served me:

It's kind of hard to tell from the picture since there isn't anything to reference in terms of size, but this was the biggest "small" latte I've ever seen. I looked around the room and it seems that the specialty of Victor's is to serve the largest cups of coffee in the Seattle area, let alone the Eastside.

That was my only real complaint of the latte. The flavor was really smooth, but it just tasted diluted. It was more of a coffee flavored milk drink than the other way around. If you are the type of person that doesn't want to throw back a quick shot of espresso and would rather take your time and drink a large volume of liquid this is the place for you.

1 comment:

isaac said...

ahh yes, Victor's. That was a popular hangout when I worked down the road at the Red West campus. The new expanded space is most welcome as it could get very crowded. Dig on the board games!